After National Service (NSS) posting, the next step for all prospective personnel is to follow appropriate guidelines for registration with their user agency (where the personnel was posted) and NSS validation and Acceptance.
In this article, we are talking about the guidelines which will successfully aid prospective service personnel to register with their user agency and the National Service Secretariat (Validation and Acceptance).
The management of the Ghana National Service Scheme has released the registration flow chart for national service personnel.
All newly posted personnel are to follow this guide for their national service registration across various regional zonal registration centers.
2021 Guidelines for NSS registration (NSS Flow Chart)
- Visit the NSS Portal via www.portal.nss.gov.gh to check your posting and print your appointment letter.
- After printing the appointment letter, Proceed to visit the institution (user agency) to which you were posted for them to endorse your appointment letter.
- Your appointment letter should be endorsed by the Head of the organization or the Human Resource Director (or anyone assigned by the user agency to endorse service personnel).
In cases where your posting is rejected by the user agency for one reason or the other, you need to go back to NSS regional secretariat for reposting.
4. After you have an endorsed appointment letter from the institution you were posted to, visit the NSS website again to schedule an appointment for your regional validation and acceptance.
NB: Remember that you will do this within the region or district you were posted to so choose a date and time by factoring in your travel.
- Prepare and show up on the date and time you booked on the NSS website for your regional validation process. You are supposed to receive what is called the Regional Acceptance Number (RAN).
- Once the validation is complete, visit the NSS website again and print a new appointment letter – this time your RAN will be indicated on it.
- Make three copies of the letter and submit a copy to the NSS District Office (not the same place you did your registration, ask the officers in the regional office the location of the district office responsible for the location you were posted to).
- You have to give another copy to the institution you are doing your service and keep a copy for yourself.